Wednesday, October 26, 2011

On vacation


(A large Baetis pluto small minnow mayfly, and a small brushlegged mayfly found yesterday in the Doyles River at Doylesville.)

I'm off to Portland, OR to visit my daughter for a few days -- returning to VA on 11/1/11.  So, I'll be back in the streams by the end of next week, posting new entries (I'm sure there will be pictures of "small" large winter stoneflies [Taeniopterygidae] by then.)

I continue to be gratified by the -- to me -- incredible response to this blog.  We just passed 13,500 hits in less than a year, with a daily high of 158 yesterday.  It makes me happy to know that there are so many of us, around the world, who want to learn as much as we can about aquatic macroinvertebrates and to enjoy how beautiful they are when we see them close up.

Bob Henricks

No comments:

Post a Comment